Monday, September 15, 2008

fitness take 2

What can i say, some days i feel like a born loser.
This week is no exception. I had a gym membership... And, like all things that i start i go hacks for a month or so, then petter out into nothingness. I spent 300 big ones on a good gyms membership, only to end up not going in the last month of it.. Oh, sure i can use excuses to back up my reasons, but i know that in reality its all down to laziness. I didn't want it enough.- but like the fool that i am, I always say it doesn't matter, that i have a better plan, so... while that plan forms in my head i neglect the last plan and etc, etc in a never ending cycle of destruction. I know i shouldn't beat myself up over it, many people don't take to gyms- and i know a few people who let their memberships lapse... But i wanted to write it here.. so i can remember for myself- and so some of you can prod me to move my ass when you see i am flagging again!
On this same topic i went on a school excursion the other day, the final component of which was a climb up a hill... I was the last one up the hill.. and for a long shot too.. seriously like ten minutes after the rest of the group had climbed it i finally made it to the top and by golly did it hurt, not just physically but mentally.
So... I bought a helmet the other day. Its purple and silver and pretty. yep, you guessed it, my new pursuit is bike riding. It worked once when i was living with Bernardo (when i didnt have the naughty David shoulder imp saying bad things in my ear: e.g. FRAPPPPPPPPEEEEEEE)and i have decided to do this alone. I am not setting a goal thats unattainable, (like my lose 30kilos in 6months gym deal) but something broad. The official label is "just be healthy"- No crazy four-times-weekly-only-eat anything-green-plan... I am going to allow myself some leeway- a little bit- like, coffeees on wednesdays for uni, and when i meet up with my fave girls; dinner out only once a week maximum- and choose the healthy option- cut down on meat, and increase my vegie intake to 80% of my daily food( which i am proud to say i have been doing pretty good at) but keeping my goals to a cyclic and easier to manage area. :)
Tegan has volunteered to be my wing captain and go with me, which is excellent as she has an awesome bike track close to her house! so yeah like i said earlier...
This is my new plan of attack. Riding, riding towards freedom... and hopefully i will stick with it.

Photobucket

P.s i just read over this and i realise its all crazy eccentric all over the place weird sentances... but really...meh.

1 comment:

Casey-Lou said...

Oh holy crap I feel your pain!! I totally know what you're talking about and everytime I go to get in the shower and am confronted with the image of myself in all of my... something, I curse myself for not being strong enough or motivated enough to do something about it! But then, I rush about getting dressed and planning the never ending list of things to do that day and forget all about it, that is until I look back and realise I had a doughnut for breakfast or find myself puffing from climbing a flight of stairs. I think we need to take inspiration from Tegan, who will forever be my weight loss hero, who is now a size 12(!!) and who we can harass for her secret to weight loss... or I could just try one of those crazy shakes diets... Or just give up eating... But what I think I'm going to do is go swimming twice a week with my mum, and head to the gym once a week for some cardio with my sister... here's hoping I can stick with something this time... 5kg were lost and have since returned - but at least I know it can be done! Love your guts my sweet! Good luck to the both of us! God's speed!!