Tuesday, July 21, 2009

a short one... ( Racism is Christi's pet hate)

I came to the conclusion i spend much to much time doing nothing on the internet but looking at awesome crafts, and not enough time actually making stuff!

I have a few new things that i have done on the spur of the moment, so i will upload these in the next few days! but really i spend a goood portion of time just sitting here looking at the pretty pictures that flit past my computer monitor.

Though this new art spurt has made me want to have a masquerade ball for my birthday this year. How old do you get before your supposed to not celebrate with themed/ fun birthdays?

2 things:
Today i witnessed the cruelty of teenagers. At the bus stop a group of three local college girls were verbally abusing a young Asian girl from another college, and spurting such racially vile things from their mouths that i thought had been wiped from our collective consciousness. To see the younger generation repeating the verbal abuse of previous generations is saddening. I sent a letter.

I have just finished reading this really good book! its called "Monster blood tattoo" by D.M. Cornish. really a glorious work of art. If you liked Phillip Pullmans 'his dark materials' trilogy, or Garth Nixx' Sabriel, Lireal and Abhorsen- then you would love this! great stuff!

No comments: