Monday, October 27, 2008

beltane

Dave and i just came back from a lovely weekend camping in the crater of Mt Franklin. it was a fun trip which saw us setting up camp on the friday night and going through the weekend to sunday participating in rituals and the like all weekend. Dave didnt really enjoy himself so i had to make him see the fun times as well as the bad. we werent prepared i will say that, but it was fun nonetheless. i seemed to get along with everyone, but in some instances i felt angry and irritable about some things, which i guess was mainly from the lack of sleep on the first night. Dave felt uncomfortable around one particular member of our little group, and usually i felt fine amongst them all. Saturday night for me started off good, however i became annoyed fairly quickly on how EVERYONE was focused on the "pagan politics" and i couldnt go from one group to the other without hearing people talking about it. I can understand if people want to clear stuff up, but getting back to the group after a wander and hearing people ask me about political stuff i don't know anything about was rather annoying.
Sleep was horrible both nights, with dave and i forgetting our mattress, but was eased considerably by the kind and thoughtful efforts of Tegan who supplied people with ear plugs. over all, as it was my first pagan gathering, i thought it was pretty good. i saw some wonderful ideas for pagan clothing and i remember drunkenly vowing to make corey a black velvet cape like one dude had. I wish i had a camera still...
overall, Beltane was a new experience, and even though it didn't have the energy i thought it would have ( the circle wasn't as charged as i thought it would be) it was still i great time shared between close friends, i will just try to block out the peripherals next time :)

i have decided to cancel my birthday plans for this sunday and do something communal with Bernardo when he gets back from Canberra as Dave has to work on the saturday, so were were going instead to Armageddon expo. it should be fun.

P.S the camera is still broken and its driving me mental.

2 comments:

Terease said...

funny:)
that was the 5th one i've been to. and the ritual was more energetic than previous years. more pleasant too! i'm still trying to ground. the drive home was fun let me tell u!:I

hope you had fun tho.

Tegan Louise said...

Hey Beautiful! I'm glad you had a good time, like I said - my favorite part of the weekend was hanging out with you girls!
I know what it is like when you are worrying about whether your man is enjoying themselves or not...I was exactly the same last year when Corey came along for the first time!

Man I am so hungry I could eat a horse...a bit fat horse that sits behind tents at 2am in the morning and exclaims loudly 'GODDESS! Stop shining your torch at me! Can't you see I'm peeing here!'
(or something to that effect!)

*grin*

Love ya
xx