Monday, June 9, 2008

rosebud, omas, and home.

Photobucket

Well, its been a long few days this passed Queens birthday weekend. Dave and i were very busy!
Saturday morning Dave and i woke early, showered and headed off to my Oma's place: part one of the voyage to Rosebud. We travelled through morning traffic along the Calder, a little bit of mist hung in the air~ we arrived at Oma's at about 12 and had lunch. as soon as she saw my jumper she demanded i take it off and insisted on trading it with me for some horrible eighties jumper with fake garish bright gold buttons, which she demanded i look after like it was baby Jesus himself, As well as a hideous sixties wool kaftan/jumper that i ended up giving to my step mum.- then when two o'clock came round, we bolted out the door as fast as we could before she could delay us any longer and lecture me about all the things she loves to say- but not before she once again commented on my weight, and how i am not doing the right kind of University degree... i guess by now i should be used to it, but it still hurts a little... its like she doesn't think that i know i'm overweight.. she presumes its her duty to tell me so every time she sees me... ahhh well!

Rosebud was beautiful! It is winter, but the grass is a beautiful vibrant green, and the trees along the foreshore are a beautiful species of pine evergreens. The beach boxes are brightly painted and looking lovely, and the water was super clear. There were swans roaming the beach, it was a beautiful sight to see ( though someone once told me that swans only like to swim in water thats unfit for humans to swim in.) Though, it was tide out, and i think they were just searching for lunch under the sand. there was hardly anyone else on the beach on Sunday morning, just us and a few families, kite flyers, and dog walkers..
Photobucket
Photobucket

As for dad, he is well, i haven't seen him for nearly six months and i think he was happy to have me down.. i think. he is losing weight, sorta, and his smokers cough is getting worse, other than that he is doing well. He did ask me if i would make him a pair of fingerless gloves, and i feel very proud to do that.. it means he likes the ones i made Adri. All in all it was good to go down there again. i got to see my step sisters and their new house, my step Mum and my Dad. David got a bit freaked out by the amount of cats my step mum has (13) but other than that he was fine with it. If there is one thing that i a have learned from this weekend is that David is possibly the greatest boyfriend in the whole world.. not only did he drive almost 4hrs each way to and from Rosebud, and has met my grandma (and she loves him) but he has met all of my crazy family and still loves me! (and not once did he complain!)

We got back to Bendigo and have done nothing but play the Wii all day. All in all it has been a great long weekend. Only thing is i have an exam tomorrow at 9... so wish me luck!

No comments: