Thursday, June 26, 2008

nervously contemplating the pain...

I have a gym membership... today will be my first class! OMG... they say the first two weeks is the hardest right? Well i am not looking forward to the pain tomorrow as my legs kick and scream at me for being pathetic. I have been to this class once (body pump) and the next day was a day of pure agony. It felt like someone had beaten up my legs with a piece of 4x2 and then starts hacking them off at the hip with a blunt butter knife all at the same time. those squats are the killers!...just two weeks.. just two weeks...*:(

I will be meeting up with Tegan today for coffee and U-Paint, i am sad that Casey didn't come but there are other days we can all play together :)

Last night Dave and I had dinner with Sal and Adam. that was fun. We had delicious burritos and watched 'Lars and the real girl'. It was actually an alright movie. not what i was expecting, but something that i think Michelle would have loved to see. its quirky, yet romantic, yet... funny in a different way.

I broke my beautiful sewing machine the other day, whilst making a gift for Kaccey. It was a long scarf.. like really long, made with this awesome baseball print fleece that i got from an opp shop for 50c a meter! woot! ( As for the machine, i just broke the needle so no stress, just have to replace it!) As for crafts, i am looking for a way to make a Little stamp. someone mentioned i should carve an eraser, some people say i should use the lino i have. but i don't know. i need to make two little stamps, for a secret project i am working on. hehehe La sir!

Must..get..cotton... some plain white stuff would be nice...
projects for this week include...
1.I have made a fabric pompom- just like a wool pompom but made out of scrap fabric.. its very nice, but i learned that i should make the pieces longer.
2. Started an embroidery of a burlesque-esque type girl on vintage linens.
3. Made a cat shaped egg cozy for Davids..eggs... but it turned out shocking!
4.Made Kacceys scarf- it even had an embroidered K!
5. I got some buttons and some yellow thread to sew them on to my jacket.. which i still haven't finished yet (i am scared of button holes)

All in all a productive week..kinda. Though, i would probably be sewing now if it wasn't for the fact that my needle is still broken, and there is not a screw driver in the house! I need a multi tool..or just one of these...
<span class=Photobucket" border="0">

Anyway, must get moving... I don't know where too... but maybe to the kitchen... for a cup of nice warm tea... mmm tea....

No comments: