Sunday, June 22, 2008

sunday sunday... a blog about blogs



I made a jacket! yes, a real live honest to stitch jacket! from my own fabric and everything! i am so uber proud of it, because i didn't use a pattern, and just kinda winged it from a cut up old shirt of Davids!
Photobucket

Babel fish translatin'
I go to the golden calamus margaritae, and has brought the book about the tegan gluten free meal. She is drinks prettily, and her laughter is bright and brittle, when the glass dingdong sound has a point to cause to juxtapose to the cane darkness and micro dark, mellow tone. I love her happiness, it is the infection!
This is my fun times i had with Babel fish translation... ahhh ahahahhaha original:
i went to the golden vine and brought a book about gluten free foods for tegan. she was pretty drunk and her laughter was bright and brittle, with the tinkle of glass- slightly juxtaposed to the dark and somber, mellow tones of the vine itself. i loved her happiness, it was infectious!

Inspired by Casey's Shoe obsession, i thought i would stick to the theme of her awesome post and post a picture of some of my very favourite shoes i have seen in the world wide web.

These beauties are from the Helena Angelique line, and god they are beautiful! when i figure out how to make shoes, i am so going to replicate these babies! feast your eyes!
Photobucket
Photobucket

In other news, i am joining Lifestyles gym on tuesday, and hopefully with sal as an extra motivator, i will be able to have many fun early morning gym sessions with her. I spend most of my days being a slack home body who mopes around on her ass all day complaining about how much weight i am carrying, but as of yet, not doing a single thing about it! so! this will motivate me, move me, compell me (for 320 bucks a quarter you would hope so) to get off my ass and do something! i want to be fit and trim for summer, or at least for China and Japan at the end of the year! its a good year for motivation! its a great year for affirming friendships! its a good year for making decisions! and this year is going to be MY year. But onto what its really about...

It is nearly half way through the year and no matter how much i try to look at it positivly, i can already see i have wasted another six months of my life not living up to my full potential. Many things account for this, the main one being laziness. this is manifested in me spending my days indoors, eating fruit toast, and waking up at 12.. things i am not too proud of mind you. we get only a few years on this earth to really make use of our time, and that is when we are my/ our age, and when we are old and grey. The middle is where we are busy, filling our time with work and family, and we look back on this time, the now, and wonder what we did with all the spare moments we had. I will look back and see i played video games, and lounged about the house when i could have been out forging stronger bonds with my friends, or stronger bonds with my self. This "self" includes the body, and the mind. Sometimes i wonder why dont i take up an instrument? why dont i learn a new language? why dont i go out more often with the people who are closest to me ( you know who you are) and make memories to keep me comforted in those long abscences of contact that i know are inevitably going to arrive, when our lives and family bog us down in the future?- why? because i..am..lazy.. and THAT is what i want to fix. its not about body image (although that comes into it) and its not about fitness, its about being motivated, and using the time i have to make myself into the person i want to be, and to me, these years we have now are by far the most important ones to use, and to prepare you for the times ahead... so as a message to all of you out there who have bothered to read this far, and for those who are in foreign lands, i am sending you out a virtual hug and smile with a promise to use my time more wisely in the future, and to promise to make more memories with you, together :)

love christi.

1 comment:

Tegan Louise said...

hahahaha! Babel Fish is so funny! I AM an infection!
I am inspired by your post to also take up a musical instrument and exercise. In fact, I have been agonizing over an add in the Bendigo weekly for the past few weeks - a woman has been advertising piano lessons. I just got a job cleaning (freaking awesome!) So in a few weeks I should be able to afford to start piano lessons! La Sir!
I love you my inspirational little friend! Thankyou for the book! I cant wait to make the anzac biscuits! Yum... Loves xx